The Department of State Services has accused its personnel of been careless over the incident that occurred at Argungu Festival in Kebbi State last week, which saw a man making an unapproved move closer to President Muhammadu Buhari during a photoshoot.
It could be recalled that a video went viral last week which saw one Mohammed Guddare, a resident of Kebbi State attempting to force his way to President Muhammadu Buhari during the most celebrated fishing festival in the Kebbi State.
Reacting to the incident, the DSS in a statement dated March 15 by the spokesman of the force, Peter Afunanya, said the personnel responsible for the protection of the president during the event will be sanctioned for being negligent in carrying out their duties.
He said; “The service has reviewed the video of the incident and is taking measures against its personnel found to have been negligent in their duties.”
Afunanya in his statement also noted that the reports of security men killing the intruder are untrue, adding that it found out that the man in the video is not a terrorist nor a hostile person but a die-hard fan of President Buhari.