Star singer, Falz The Bahd Guy, shared this video sponsored by Ford Foundation, aimed at promoting ‘One Nigeria’.
He captioned it:
“I am not Yoruba, I am Nigerian. We are One” Although the video is an interesting one, passing good message, but Falz’s caption didn’t go down well with a lot of people who slammed him.Twitter user @EbubeIsaac reposted the video with Falz caption and wrote:
“You’re a Nigerian because you belong to the Yoruba, a tribe indigenous to Nigeria before Independence. If Nigeria ceased to exist, you’d still be Yoruba. You’re not Nigerian before your tribe, you’re Nigerian because of your tribe. You people need to stop this rubbish.” Some others have also slammed Falz for the caption.
Watch the video below and kindly indicate what you think about the video and Falz’s caption…
Falz born as Folarin Falana (27 October 1990) hails from Lagos Nigeria, is the son to the Nigerian human activist and lawyer, Temi Falana. He is an impressive Nigerian rapper, founder of Bahd Guy Records and holds a honours degree in LLB law. There is no doubt that the 25-years-old certified lawyer-artiste has brought some justice to the Nigerian music industry.
Here are 10 things you probably didn’t know about the Bahd guy, Falz:
1. His father is Temi Falana, a Nigerian lawyer and human activist.
2. Folarin Falana (born on 27 October 1990) better known by his stage name Falz was born in Lagos, Nigeria.
3. He graduated from the Nigeria Law School in Abuja, Nigeria. After graduating with a LLB honours degree, he became a member of the University of Reading.
4. During his school years, he formed an all boy group called “The School Boys”. In 2009, while still in secondary school, he released a compilation mixtape titled “Shakara”.
5. He shot into the music scene in 2009, after releasing his single “Marry Me” which featured Yemi Alade and Poe. In 2015, the single won him a nomination for the “Best Collaboration of the Year” category at the Nigeria Entertainment Awards.
6. Falz is the founder of his owns record label called “Bahd Guys Records”.
7. His singles “High Class” and “Currency” gained him the attention he needed to break through the Nigerian music industry.
8. In 2014, he was listed at number 9 amongst the “Top 10 Most Gifted Rappers in Nigeria”.
9. Falz won the “Best Actor in a Comedy Movie/Series” at the 2016 Africa Magic Viewer’s Choice Awards for his role in Jenifa’s Diary.
10. His stage name Falz the Bahd Guy orginated from, Falz which is a short version of his last name, Falana. Bahd Guy is a acronym for “Brilliant And Highly Distinct”.